escort bayan malatya kayseri bayan escort escort bodrum bodrum escort

Faculty of Machines and Transport


The tradition of engineer education in Poznań has the roots in the Second Republic, when in 1919 High School of Mechanical Engineering was established. The decision of The Ministry of Religion and Common Education in 1939, regarding the foundation of a technical university in the academic year 1940/41, unfortunately was never implemented. 1945 was the year of establishing The School of Engineering where, as of October 1st 1953, The Faculty of Agricultural Engineering came to being together with the Chair of Agricultural Machinery, Chair of Motor Vehicles and Tractors and the Chair of Motor Vehicles and Tractors Maintenance. In the beginning, the Faculty would educate only mere engineers. In 1959 the first engineers with the Master’s degree in the area of Mechanical Engineering were promoted.

 

The development of academic teachers and the very specificity of scientific research greatly contributed to the creation of new profiles of study. Further changes and developments resulted in renaming the Faculty that took place in 1967. From then, on the Faculty operated under a new name – Machines and Vehicles, already comprising 10 Chairs. In June 1969 the Faculty was certified to award the title of Ph.D. in Engineering in machine design and maintenance. In the academic year 1969/70 there were the changes in the structure from chairs to institutes. Institute of Machines and Institute of Compression Ignition Marine and Railway Engines were established (from 1975 – Institute of Thermal Engineering and Combustion Engines). On May 17th 1980 the Faculty of Machines and Vehicles was certified to award the title of assistant professor of technical sciences. In 1990 the faculty was authorized to establish a new profile of studies – Transportation.

 

The year 1993 saw organizational changes – new institutes were formed: Machines and Motor Vehicles, Combustion Engines and Basics of Machine Design and The Chair of Thermal Engineering. Since November 1st 2000 the faculty has been operating under a new name of the Faculty of Machines and Transport. In 2003 an independent chair of Basics of Machine Design came to life by separating from the Institute of Combustion Engines and this same institute was renamed to Institute of Combustion Engines and Transport.

 

More about Faculty of Machines and Transport: www.fwmt.put.poznan.pl

Gallery:

The beginnings of Faculty
The beginnings of Faculty
The beginnings of Faculty
The beginnings of Faculty
Before
Before
After
After
Building of Faculty of Machines and Transport
Building of Faculty of Machines and Transport
FMT interior
FMT interior
Students
Students
Research
Research
Laboratory
Laboratory
Students
Students
Research
Research
Teaching
Teaching
Research
Research
Laboratory
Laboratory
Laboratory
Laboratory
Research
Research
Corridor in  CMBN
Corridor in CMBN
Research
Research
Research
Research
Research
Research